Carpenter / Skilled Tradesperson
We're seeking an experienced and talented Carpenter to join the Bolster family.
New York City | Start ASAP
We are looking for a personable and experienced Carpenter to be help bring our projects to life. Working alongside other team members and trades, you will be an integral person for successful project completion.
You must have a solid background in the field. Your skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to work of others and independently. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
Based in New York City, you will report directly to the Job Captain. You will receive support from Bolster’s technology, the Lead Project Manager and operations team to help you fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Complete tasks according to priorities and plans
- Maintain safe and organized job site
- Fulfil general and daily responsibilities
- Assist in supervision and train workers and tradespeople
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Basic maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Loading and unloading of material and equipment
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
- Experienced: You have Carpentry skills and at least 4 years of experience delivering high-end residential renovations in NYC within co-op, condo and brownstone buildings. You have worked predominantly renovations and a have a proven track record of delivering projects tasks and within schedule.
- Well Rounded Craftsman: Performs a variety of skills at various sites including:
- Framing – Wood and Metal
- Finish Carpentry
- Flooring Installation
- Plastering and Taping
- General knowledge of Trades – (plumbing and electrical, etc.)
- Skilled Project Manager: You are an excellent scheduler, coordinator and manager of various renovation professionals and trade specialists. You know how to get the very best performance from your team in order to deliver projects to quality, on schedule and under budget, all while building a great user experience for customers.
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners' needs. You can skillfully negotiate in tough situations and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results driven: You balance craftsmanship with production, and you can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
- Preferably Mobile: You have a valid NYC driver’s license (although not mandatory).
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the U.S.
Education & Experience
- 4+ years experience in high-end home renovation in NYC with Carpentry Skills
- Proven experience as a Carpenter
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Understanding of trade work including electrical and plumbing systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Good physical condition and stamina with the ability to lift 75lbs or more
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary and stock options based on experience and skill level
- Career path opportunities
- Benefits include sales and project management training, generous vacation policy, comprehensive health care, 401K program, parking and transit reimbursement and maternity & paternity leave
- Your birthday off!
Apply for this position
To be considered for this position, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunities Employer
Bolster provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bolster complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Bolster expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bolster’s employees to perform their job duties in any workplace including job sites may result in discipline up to and including discharge.