We're seeking an experienced and talented Project Manager to join the Bolster family.
New York City | Start ASAP
The Bolster Project Manager is responsible for managing the on-time and on-budget delivery of all our customer’s major home renovation projects.
Based in New York City, you will work closely with, and receive support from, Bolster’s design, technology, sales, pricing, procurement, customer support, accounting and admin teams to fulfill the following responsibilities on a growing volume of simultaneous projects:
- Attending site visits and helping owners understand the technical / budgetary viability of their project according to Bolster’s pricing algorithms
- Helping prepare, present and obtain owner buy-in for project pricing
- Liaising with the project's selected Bolster Architect
- Obtaining permits and approvals and reviewing drawings and specifications
- Preparing and negotiating material and subcontractor packages and achieving cost savings at every opportunity while maintaining documented quality standards
- Notifying subcontractors of bid approval and the award of projects. Notifying unsuccessful subcontractors and providing appropriate reasoning as needed
- Helping the admin team procure all materials for the project in accordance with established procurement policies and procedures
- Sourcing, engaging and obtaining the best results from all subcontracted labor including job captains, laborers and specialty trades
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with architects, engineers, trades and suppliers wherever possible
- Monitoring all project activity including schedules, spending and related items to ensure timely and quality completion of assigned projects
- Keeping job-cost records, monitoring all costs and taking necessary steps to ensure projects are delivered within budget
- Producing, managing and reporting scheduling and ensuring projects are delivered within schedule
- Managing Profit and loss control, quality control, site standards, health and safety standards, dispute resolution and client satisfaction throughout the full project and warranty lifecycle
- Maintaining frequent and consistent communications with customers and relevant parties
- Notifying the CEO of any situations that would have a significant impact on the completion date, cost or quality of projects
- Ensuring that all project team members are informed of needed information, policies and expectations regarding safety and related regulations
- Providing accurate project status reports, financial reports and project schedules in accordance with company guidelines on timeliness and completeness of information
- Reviewing subcontractor and vendor invoices throughout the lifecycle of the project and monitoring and approving requests for payment and negotiating appropriate changes with subcontractors and suppliers
- Preparing all project close out documentation including punch lists, submittal of all warranty information, final retainage payments, releases and accounting related documents
- Experienced: You have at least 10 years of project management experience delivering high-end residential renovations in NYC within co-op, condo and brownstone buildings. You have worked predominantly with homeowners renovating their primary residence spending between $50,000 and $2M and have a proven track record of systematically delivering projects profitably and within schedule.
- Expert Communicator: You excel at rapidly responding to all parties while adapting the Bolster story to all of our unique homeowners. You can build appropriate rapport to manage constructive and effective relationships and relate well to all kinds of people. You can write clearly, accurately and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. You have strong listening skills and the ability to accurately restate the opinions and needs of others.
- Skilled Project Manager: You are an excellent scheduler, coordinator and manager of various renovation professionals and trade specialists. You know how to get the very best performance from your team in order to deliver projects to quality, on schedule and under budget, all while building a great user experience for customers.
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners' needs. You can skillfully negotiate in tough situations and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Ambitious: You thrive in an environment with nascent products and processes, and you're driven to stand up new businesses with limited information. You're a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results driven: You are bottom-line and metrics oriented, and you can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
- Mobile: You have a valid NYC driver’s license.
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the U.S.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years inside sales and project management experience in high-end home renovation in NYC
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Construction Management or equivalent work experience preferred
- Well-developed communications, decision making, financial analysis, interpersonal, organizational and team work skills are required
- Strong ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with owners and other project stakeholders
- Working knowledge of construction management software
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary and stock options based on experience and skill level
- Career path opportunities
- Benefits include sales and project management training, generous vacation policy, comprehensive health care, 401K program, parking and transit reimbursement and maternity & paternity leave
- Your birthday off!
Apply For This Position
To be considered for this position, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com. We can't wait to hear from you!
Equal Opportunities Employer
Bolster provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bolster complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Bolster expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bolster’s employees to perform their job duties in any workplace including job sites may result in discipline up to and including discharge.