We're seeking an experienced and talented Project Accountant and Administrator to join the Bolster family.
New York City | Start ASAP
As Project Accountant, you'll help manage Bolster's proprietary Project Accounting processes and systems, and you'll play a key role in the on-time and on-budget delivery of our customer’s major home renovation projects. You'll also be a key player in ensuring the back office runs smoothly. Consider yourself a Swiss Army knife of financial operations.
Based in New York City, you will work closely with, and receive support from, Bolster’s technology and accounting team to fulfill the following responsibilities for a growing volume of simultaneous projects:
- Assist Controller with accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, General Ledger Maintenance, and Cost Accounting
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Execute timely and accurate processing of homeowner requisitions and subcontractor payments
- Ensure homewner billings and subcontractors’ payments coincide with the project build schedule in addition to maintaining accurate job cost books
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and job reports
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Managing Bolster's office and administration requirements
- Good Human: Bolster is a people-powered business. Understanding how we tick and being nice to everyone you work with is super important. (This one's a no-brainer.)
- Expert Communicator: You excel at rapidly responding to all parties and communicating effectively and clearly. You can build appropriate rapport to manage constructive and effective relationships and relate well to all kinds of people. You can write clearly, accurately and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. You have strong listening skills and the ability to accurately restate the opinions and needs of others.
- Skilled Project Manager: You are an excellent scheduler, coordinator and manager. You know how to get the very best performance from your team in order to deliver projects to quality, on schedule and under budget, all while building a great user experience for customers.
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners' needs. You can skillfully negotiate in tough situations and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Ambitious: You thrive in an environment with nascent products and processes, and you're driven to stand up new businesses with limited information. You're a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results driven: You are bottom-line and metrics oriented, and you can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the U.S.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of Construction Project Accounting (Required)
- Accounting degree preferred
- Proven General Ledger expertise and knowledge of financial statements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- US GAAP revenue experience preferred
- Requires organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize to meet set deadlines
- Must be able to operate in fast paced, rapidly evolving, and data driven organization
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and work with the team to improve processes
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel
Must have in-depth knowledge of the following:
- Quick books for Contractors
- Sage 300/Timberline
- AIA Documents
- Billing in AIA Format
- ADP Payroll Reports – Booking Payroll in Quick books
- Job Costing
- Work In Progress Reporting
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary and stock options based on experience and skill level
- Career path opportunities
- Benefits include sales and project management training, generous vacation policy, comprehensive health care, 401K program, parking and transit reimbursement and maternity & paternity leave
- Your birthday off!
Apply For This Position
To be considered for this position, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com. We can't wait to hear from you!
Equal Opportunities Employer
Bolster provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bolster complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Bolster expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bolster’s employees to perform their job duties in any workplace including job sites may result in discipline up to and including discharge.