Marketing Program Manager
Bolster is seeking an experienced and talented Marketing Program Manager to join our core team in New York City.
New York City | Start Aug 2018
As our Marketing Program Manager you will join the founding team at our office in New York and be responsible for spearheading the day to day operations of the budding Communications department. Working closely with our team of domain experts, you will lead on all new and existing content and marketing initiatives, measure their results and strive to improve upon them.
With a resolute commitment of providing zero risk in the renovation process, this position is ideal for someone that is tenacious, voraciously curious and 100% committed to inventing and owning the tone of voice for the brand so it speaks to it's well-heeled and well-versed clientele in an open and honest manner.
Bolster has recently been acquired by Porch.com (wohoo!). As a founding employee, you will have the benefits and upsides that a large company has to offer coupled with the excitement and opportunities of a start up (without the usual downsides).
You will become a mini-CEO for Content, Brand and Marketing and take on large opportunities and deploy resources effectively to complete them.
Bolster is committed to creating equal opportunities in the home renovation industry and helping amazing people of all race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity become leaders in their field.
You will report directly to the CEO.
Based in New York City, you will work closely with and receive support from marketing, graphic design and operations teams to help you:
- Work as the internal project manager for all creative and strategic marketing, advertising, and content-related initiatives.
- Partner closely with third-party agencies, consultants, and CMO/CEO. Act as the main driver behind all internal content initiatives including, but not limited to, blog strategy (ideation and creation), language for web, print and digital collateral, email, and native content when needed.
- Responsible for all internal marketing initiatives during project close such as coordinating final project shoots/staging, homeowner delight (gifts/communications), and ad hoc tasks as needed.
- You will need to share a writing sample, up to ~500 words, that best aligns with Bolster’s work and mission
- An ideal candidate will be comfortable translating complicated ideas into exciting and educational stories, leveraging best-in-class SEO strategies.
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of content management and copywriting experience
- Independent: You are an independent self-starter with a curious mind and an ability to work cross functionally with all teams. (Everyone from architects to contractors to data scientists.)
- You have a passion for communication and storytelling, and you are able to understand the importance of a strong/cohesive brand strategy when informing all pieces of marketing communication/advertising.
- Expert Communicator: You excel at rapidly responding to all parties and communicating the Bolster value proposition and story. You enjoy communicating complex ideas in a simple fashion. You can build appropriate rapport to manage constructive and effective relationships and relate well to all kinds of people. You can write clearly, accurately and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles and get messages across that have the desired effect. You have strong listening skills and the ability to accurately restate the opinions of others
- Expert Project Manager: You are an excellent scheduler, coordinator and manager and know how to get the very best performances out of the different teams you work with
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations.
- Ambitious: You thrive in an environment with nascent products and processes, and are driven to excel at what you do
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for yourself. You learn from peer successes and seek out best practices for continued self-improvement
- Monitoring Success: You avidly measure and continuously learn from every challenge at hand, you are not scared of making mistakes (or fixing them)
- Results driven: You are bottom-line and metrics oriented and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- An awesome citizen: Bolster is a champion of progressive values. When applied to your role, this means that you are not scared to tackle complex and nuanced issues when creating content.
- Values and Appearance: You are respectful in how you present yourself, talk and relate to others.
- New Yorker: Whether you were born and bred here or consider yourself to have what it takes to become a New Yorker (7 years no?), we want you to walk the talk.
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the NYC on or around August 8th 2018.
Preferred Education & Experience
- 5+ years inside a commercial media or agency environment
- Marketing project management experience is helpful, and must be a team player
- An eye for successful visual design, UX/UI is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such Communications or Marketing, ideally a post grad.
- Well-developed communications, decision making, financial analysis, interpersonal, organizational and team work skills are required
- In-depth knowledge of social media best practices
- Strong ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with a variety of parties
- Working knowledge of Squarespace, Hubspot (or similar Content Management System) all Social Media Platforms esp. LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary and performance pay.
- Stock options.
- Benefits include generous vacation policy, comprehensive health care, 401K program, parking and transit reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, beverages and snacks and your birthday off!
- Opportunity to travel to our home office in Seattle to meet our extended family.
Apply for this position
To be considered for this position, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunities Employer
We fundamentally believe diversity to be one of the strongest forces for good in the world (and business) and actively seek people from diverse cultures to join our team. Diversity helps ignite thought, stimulate creativity and drive innovation. It also makes the days more fun.
Now for the legal stuff. Bolster provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and pays zero attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bolster complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Bolster expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bolster’s employees to perform their job duties in any workplace including job sites may result in discipline up to and including discharge. We're a huge champion of the female entrepreneur (we're cofounded by one) and are pushing for more women to enter and dominate the renovation industry.