We're seeking an experienced and talented Job Captain to join the Bolster family.
New York City | Start ASAP
We are looking for a personable and experienced Job Captain to coordinate operations and oversee workers on our projects. As the point of contact for both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for successful project completion.
As Job Captain on our customer's projects, you must have a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
Based in New York City, you will report directly to the Lead Builder and Project Manager. You will receive support from Bolster’s technology, market response, pricing, procurement, customer support, accounting and admin teams to help you fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
- Experienced: You have at least 10 years of experience delivering high-end residential renovations in NYC within co-op, condo and brownstone buildings. You have worked predominantly with homeowners renovating their primary residence spending between $50,000 and $2M and have a proven track record of systematically delivering projects profitably and within schedule.
- Expert Communicator: You excel at rapidly responding to all parties while adapting the Bolster story to all of our unique homeowners. You can build appropriate rapport to manage constructive and effective relationships and relate well to all kinds of people. You can write clearly, accurately and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. You have strong listening skills and the ability to accurately restate the opinions and needs of others.
- Skilled Project Manager: You are an excellent scheduler, coordinator and manager of various renovation professionals and trade specialists. You know how to get the very best performance from your team in order to deliver projects to quality, on schedule and under budget, all while building a great user experience for customers.
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners' needs. You can skillfully negotiate in tough situations and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results driven: You are bottom-line and metrics oriented, and you can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
- Mobile: You have a valid NYC driver’s license and vehicle suitable for work purposes
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the U.S.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years experience in high-end home renovation in NYC
- Proven experience as a Job Captain
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSH guidelines
- Understanding of electrical and plumbing systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Aptitude in math
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.)
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary and stock options based on experience and skill level
- Career path opportunities
- Benefits include sales and project management training, generous vacation policy, comprehensive health care, 401K program, parking and transit reimbursement and maternity & paternity leave
- Your birthday off!
Apply For This Position
To be considered for this position, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com. We can't wait to hear from you!
Equal Opportunities Employer
Bolster provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bolster complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Bolster expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bolster’s employees to perform their job duties in any workplace including job sites may result in discipline up to and including discharge.