Assistant Account Executive
We are looking for a passionate and talented Account Executive to join the Bolster family and help respond to and manage our customer relationships.
New York City | Start ASAP
As Account Executive, you'll help manage Bolster's first response to homeowners and help understand their project brief as well as back-stop the efforts of our sales team.
The ideal candidate will have talent in sales and experience in customer service. We expect you to be a reliable professional able to achieve balance between customer orientation and a results-driven approach.
Based in New York City, you will support Bolster’s Account Executives and work closely with, and receive support from, Bolster’s operations team to fulfill the following responsibilities for a growing volume of inquiries and simultaneous projects:
- Responding to homeowner inquiries from a variety of sales channels
- Prequalify prospects according to Bolster’s qualification criteria
- Schedule site visits
- Coordinate sales activities including scheduling multi-party site visits, meetings and calls
- Upload, present and manage information to homeowners via their online dashboard
- Remain in frequent contact with our homeowners and project teams
- Support our homeowner’s renovation experience through to build contract
- Good Human: Bolster is a people-powered business. Understanding how we tick and being nice to everyone you work with is super important. (This one's a no-brainer.)
- Expert Communicator: You excel at rapidly responding to all parties and communicating effectively and clearly. You can build appropriate rapport to manage constructive and effective relationships and relate well to all kinds of people. You can write clearly, accurately and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. You have strong listening skills and the ability to accurately restate the opinions and needs of others.
- Customer-obsessed: You are an excellent scheduler, coordinator and manager. You know how to get the very best performance from the people around you in order to deliver your responsibilities all while building a great user experience for customers.
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners' needs. You can skillfully negotiate in tough situations and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Ambitious: You thrive in an environment with nascent products and processes, and you're driven to stand up new businesses with limited information. You're a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results driven: You are bottom-line and metrics oriented, and you can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the U.S.
Education & Experience
- Strong ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Well-developed communications, writing, decision making, analysis, interpersonal, organizational and team work skills are required
- 5 years proven past experience as an Account Executive, or in other high-end sales/customer service role
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of NYC real estate or property market is a plus
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- Outstanding knowledge of Google suite; CRM software (eg. Base CRM) is a plus
- Love of home renovation, architecture and design is a huge plus!
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary and stock options based on experience and skill level
- Career path opportunities
- Benefits include sales and project management training, generous vacation policy, comprehensive health care, 401K program, parking and transit reimbursement and maternity & paternity leave
- Your birthday off!
Apply For This Position
To be considered for this position, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to hear from you!
Equal Opportunities Employer
Bolster provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bolster complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Bolster expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bolster’s employees to perform their job duties in any workplace including job sites may result in discipline up to and including discharge.